HIGH KNEES 3 sets x20 reps
How to perform high knees:
- Begin in an athletic position with your knees bent, your feet shoulder-width apart, and your arms bent and at your sides.
- Flex the hip and bring your right knee up toward your belly button.
- As the right leg comes down, bring the left knee up.
- Alternate lifting the knees high as you jog in place.
BURPEES 1 minute
How to perform burpees:
- Begin standing with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Place your hands on the floor and kick your legs back so you end up with your stomach and thighs on the floor. Your elbows should be bent.
- From this position, press up like you’re doing a push-up and push your hips up.
- Jump your feet under your hips and stand.
- Finish the movement by jumping in the air and bringing your hands over your head.
WALKING LUNGES 3 sets x20 reps
How to perform walking lunges:
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Step forward with one leg, flexing the knees to drop your hips. Descend until your rear knee nearly touches the ground. Your posture should remain upright, and your front knee should stay above the front foot.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up.
- Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
GLUTE BRIDGES 3 sets x20 reps
How to perform glute bridges:
- Begin seated on the ground.
- Begin the movement by driving through with your heels, extending your hips vertically through the bar. Your weight should be supported by your upper back and the heels of your feet.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
Resistance Band Bicep Curls 3sets x15 reps
How to perform resistance band bicep curls:
- Stand up straight while standing on the middle of the resistance band with an end in each hand at arm’s length. Keep your elbows close to your torso and rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Now, keeping the upper arms stationary, exhale and curl the bands while contracting your biceps. Continue to raise the bands until your biceps are fully contracted and the ends of the bands are at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a brief pause as you squeeze your biceps.
- Then, inhale and slowly begin to lower the bands back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
PUSHUPS 3 sets x15 to 20 reps
How to perform the pushup:
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about 36 inches apart while holding your torso up at arms length.
- Next, lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- Now breathe out and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest.
- After a brief pause at the top contracted position, you can begin to lower yourself downward again for as many repetitions as needed.
RESISTANCE BAND TRICEP EXTENSIONS 3 sets x15 reps
How to perform resistance band tricep extensions:
- To begin, stand up with a one end of the bands tied around a stable item and the other end held by both hands. Your feet should be about shoulder width apart from each other. Slowly use both hands to grab the bands and lift it over your head until both arms are fully extended.
- The resistance should be resting in the palms of your hands with your thumbs around it. The palm of the hands should be facing up towards the ceiling. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your upper arms close to your head with elbows in and perpendicular to the floor, lower the resistance in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps. Tip: The upper arms should remain stationary and only the forearms should move. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Go back to the starting position by using the triceps to raise the bands. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
PLANKS (forward and side) 30 seconds
How to perform the planks:
- Get into a prone position on the floor, supporting your weight on your toes and your forearms. Your arms are bent and directly below the shoulder.
- Keep your body straight at all times, and hold this position as long as possible. To increase difficulty, an arm or leg can be raised.
SUPERMANS 3 sets x10 reps
How to perform supermans:
- To begin, lie straight and face down on the floor or exercise mat. Your arms should be fully extended in front of you. This is the starting position.
- Simultaneously raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor and hold this contraction for 2 seconds. Tip: Squeeze your lower back to get the best results from this exercise. Remember to exhale during this movement. Note: When holding the contracted position, you should look like superman when he is flying.
- Slowly begin to lower your arms, legs and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions prescribed in your program.
SPIDERMAN PLANKS 2 sets x20 reps
How to perform spiderman planks:
- Begin in a prone position on the floor. Support your weight on your hands and toes, with your feet together and your body straight. Your arms should be bent to 90 degrees. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the movement by raising one foot off of the ground. Externally rotate the leg and bring the knee toward your elbow, as far forward as possible.
- Return this leg to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.