A body weight workout is a great way to start your day, build strength and burn fat. Give this one a try.
Athlete Dhashi Perera demonstrates the exercises.
HOW TO DO THE WORKOUT
- Do all the workouts one after another with no rest
- Rest for 1 minute after each round
- Repeat 5 times
- JUMPING JACKS x10 Reps
How to perform jumping jacks:
- Start by standing with your feet together. In one motion, jump your feet out to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- Immediately reverse the motion by jumping back to the starting position.
2. SQUATS x10 Reps
verse the motion until you return to the starting position. As you squat, keep your head and chest up and push your knees out.
3. LUNGES x10 Reps
How to perform lunges:
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with one leg, flexing the knees to drop your hips. Descend until your rear knee nearly touches the ground. Your posture should remain upright, and your front knee should stay above the front foot.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot and extend both knees to raise yourself back up.
- Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
4. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS x10 Reps (each leg)
How to perform mountain climbers:
- Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes. Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip. This will be your starting position.
- Explosively reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed. Repeat in an alternating fashion.
5. CRUNCHES x10 Reps
How to perform crunches:
- Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, or resting on a bench with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. If you are resting your feet on a bench, place them three to four inches apart and point your toes inward so they touch.
- Now place your hands lightly on either side of your head keeping your elbows in. Tip: Don’t lock your fingers behind your head.
- While pushing the small of your back down in the floor to better isolate your abdominal muscles, begin to roll your shoulders off the floor.
- Continue to push down as hard as you can with your lower back as you contract your abdominals and exhale. Your shoulders should come up off the floor only about four inches, and your lower back should remain on the floor. At the top of the movement, contract your abdominals hard and keep the contraction for a second. Tip: Focus on slow, controlled movement – don’t cheat yourself by using momentum.
- After the one second contraction, begin to come down slowly again to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
How to perform the pushup:
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about 36 inches apart while holding your torso up at arms length.
- Next, lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- Now breathe out and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest.
- After a brief pause at the top contracted position, you can begin to lower yourself downward again for as many repetitions as needed.
7. PLANK (as long as possible for a max of 1 minute)
How to perform planks:
- Get into a prone position on the floor, supporting your weight on your toes and your forearms. Your arms are bent and directly below the shoulder.
- Keep your body straight at all times, and hold this position as long as possible.